Where To Go For A Halloween Weekend?
Are you ready for another terrifying and spooky experience this year? Here is a list of places to go to for a Halloween weekend road trip, and for a few local things to do.
Halloween Road Trip Destinations
Pack up for the weekend and shortly leave Wilmington, NC. Take the wheels and hit off to these Halloween attractions and theme parks.
Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA
- 4.5 hours travel; 300 miles
- Ticket price varies per event and tour.
- Daytime Halloween fun for kids of all ages.
- Screams and terror begins at dark for adults.
- For tickets and more info, click here.
Kings Dominion in Doswell, VA
- 4.2 hours travel; 280 miles
- A lot to do with more than 60 rides, attractions, shows, and a waterpark.
- Get your tickets here.
Carowinds in Charlotte, North Carolina
- 4.2 hours travel; 275 miles
- Choose from almost 60 world-class rides, waterpark, live entertainment and more.
- Book your tickets and know more info, click here.
Panic Attack Haunted Attraction in Nakina, North Carolina
- 1.2 hours drive; 63 miles
- Let your heart race, and scream to your content.
- Price varies from $30 to $70. Ages 2 and under are free.
- Buy your tickets here.
Local Things To Do in Wilmington, NC
Haunted Pub Crawl
Go on an adventure to some of the city's well-known pubs as you hoist a beer or two, and hear tales of murder, love, and more!
- October schedule is Wednesday-Saturday at 7:30PM.
- Admission is $22.50 plus tax
- Featured on the History Channel, Discovery Channel and Haunted TAPS.
- LIMITED TOURS. For tickets and more info, click here.
Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington
Experience chills and thrills in the city's haunted homes and burial grounds, and possibly even have an actual encounter!
- October schedule is Monday-Sunday at 6:30PM and 8:30PM.
- Ticket price varies from $15 to $17, tax not yet included. Children 6 & under are free.
- Included in the "Top 5 Ghost Walk in America" USA Today
- LIMITED TOURS. Get your tickets here.
Halloween Carriage Ride
Be in your costumes, go giddyup, and listen to child-friendly ghost stories while touring past the historic places in downtown Wilmington.
- October 28-31, 2022 at 6:00PM-10:00PM.
- No reservation. Tickets: $14 per adult; $6 per child under 12. Free treats for children.
- Tours start on Market Street, between Water & Front Streets downtown Wilmington, NC.
- For Tickets, call (910) 251-8889.
- For more details, visit their website here.
Ghostbusters Movie in the Park at Wrightsville Beach
When there's something strange in the neighborhood, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! Enjoy a movie date with the whole family.
- October 28, 2022 Friday at 6:30PM.
- Admission is FREE.
- Bring your picnic blankets and lawn chairs.
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
- More info, click here.
Lantern and Lore Walking Tour in Wilmington, NC
Discover and rediscover the local lore. Walk down dark alleys, secret nooks and private yards of historic homes.
- October 28-31, 2022 at 7:00PM-8:30PM.
- Ticket is $15 each. LIMITED AVAILABILITY.
- For updates and tickets, click here.
Have a Happy Halloween!